In today’s digital world, many of your potential patients begin their search for you on the web. They type in specific keywords phrases like “cosmetic surgeons in Orlando, FL” to find you. And so, if you’ve SEO’d your site properly, potential patients will find YOU at the top of the search rankings. That means, they are likely to visit your site and come to your clinic versus competitors in the area SEO is the #1 thing you can do to drive new business to your practice.
However, it takes knowledge and time to do it effectively. While you can do it yourself, if you’re not an expert or don’t have have the time, your best bet is to hire a professional agency to do this work for you.
Whichever route you choose it’s important to know a few SEO basics. Here are seven tips that are critical in learning SEO keyword selection for cosmetic surgeons in Orlando, FL:
1) Optimize for local. That means cities, counties and states (or provinces) that your web site serves by including the add on “in Orlando” or “in Orange County”.
2) If you are a national brand be sure to provide regional information, such as store locations, regional offices and the like. People like to deal with local. Support your region reps and drive traffic to them.
3) Think like a searcher and design keyword phrases they may type to find your product or service. Poll your a barista, your neighbours and your likely customers. Taxi drivers, if you sell to consumers, are always good for consumer research.
4) Don’t chase single word keywords unless you are patient and have a huge budget to put behind content development. No content related to that term, no traffic.
5) Google rewards content-rich web sites with high rankings if they generate voluminous and helpful content that demonstrates that the they are the topic expert. This strategy will guarantee that over time you will earn traffic from Google for all kinds of keyword phrases.
6) Research how difficult a keyword phrase is to win. Use a tool like Wordtracker. Don’t chase the hard to get keywords. Optimize for the low-hanging fruit first then work on moving up the rankings on the more competitive keywords and keyword phrases. 7) A handy free research tool is Google Adwords. It can be used to find related phrases and keywords to the most obvious keywords and keyword phrases. You don’t have to buy ads to use it.