Read the 9 web site strategies below, that if followed, will put you significantly ahead of your competition.
How to build a website strategically
1. 50% of people who buy online through ecommerce-enabled web sites make a purchase using a mobile device. Ensure your website is mobile compliant, which means it looks good on any device. You may hear people use the term “responsive” around this idea.
2. Switch to a Content Management System such as WordPress, Joomla or Drupal. It will reduce the cost to operate your website and allow you to easily add new features and content without the need for a technical webmaster.
3. Make sure your web site is fast. This helps keep people engaged and it impacts you search engine rankings too.
Test it with: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/. Make sure your webmaster updates your content management system and plug-ins to protect against having the website being hacked and knocked down.
4. Smaller images load faster. Be sure to size your graphics so that they don’t take the end user’s web browser a long time to load. This is important for mobile too.
5. Test your web site on multiple browsers. The industry norm is to engineer for the top current browsers minus one version. That includes: Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Also audit mobile browsers and screen sizes.
6. Track your traffic by installing Google Analytics (it’s free) and look at the visitors, sessions (visits), and page views every week. (We look at it daily.) Use this to evaluate what content is valuable to your visitors and produce more of it.
7. HTML is the language that the web is written in. Get to know it, because it will come in handy when you are tweaking articles and positioning images. It’s not hard, and you don’t have to become a code guru. Understanding a little HTML will give you a lot of street cred with your technical staff or contractors as well.
8. Advertise on your own web site. Some people put ads on their content-based web sites to generate income. Instead, develop your own internal ads and promote products and services, and even web site features on your own site.
9. Add share buttons to your web site content. This way, it can easily be shared by site visitor on social media, which will drive more traffic to you. Buttons like the ones below!
If your web site is not attracting visitors, it’s likely your site does not appear at the top of search engine results. That’s a major problem. If your page does not rank on the first page of Google, Bing or Yahoo search results, no one knows your site exists. That is unless you have encouraged other web sites to link to it through other promotional means.
If you want to attract more people to your web site, and ensure those people are the right candidates for your target market, below are some immediate actions you should take to improve your situation. We answer the common question: How do I get more people to visit my website? Read on for some great advice on digital marketing tactics.
How do I get more people to visit my website?
1. Build Content. Building a content-rich site is the single most important thing you can do. Search engines send out web robots that crawl web pages looking at content. Keywords in the site content get indexed by the search engines and if they search engine calculates that your web site is good match, the gets listed on the first or second page of search results for that keyword phrase. Search engines use these phrases to pull up sites when a person does a search.
For example, a person searching for a digital marketing agency in Tampa, FL, will type in the phrase “Digital marketing agency Tampa, FL”. If there is content on your site that has this phrase and there is not too much competition, chances are your site will appear in the search results. The search engines also look at similar words and proximity to other words that suggest context. The word “nesting” next to the word “birds”, suggests the content might be related to wildlife where as nesting near to the word “trimester” would tell the search engine that the page is about parenthood and pregnancy.
Your chances of being pulled up in a search are very much lower if you don’t have quality content on your site and that it is added to often.
2. Refresh your content regularly. It’s highly important you continue to add new content to your site on a regular basis. Google rewards sites that refresh their content ongoingly. Also, if site visitors can rely on great information that’s updated frequently when they visit your site, it will get them to return.
Don’t set up a content-rich site once and let it sit. You should be writing at least 2-4 articles per month, an more i f you can manage it. The more you write the more success you’ll achieve. If you don’t have time to do it yourself, hire an agency or professional copywriter to do it for you.
3. SEO or Search Engine Optimization If you are not SEOing your site, you are missing out on an opportunity to attract ridiculous amounts of business. And the leads you generate from SEO are warm leads. So, when you put your efforts into SEO, you don’t have to prospect or cold call. It’s much easier to grow your business. People will be calling you.
At CWD, 70% of our business comes through SEO. We get calls on a regular basis from people in our target markets.
You can hire a professional to do SEO for you, or if you have the time to dedicate to learning the process, you can do it yourself.
4. Social media. Learn how to use social media effectively to find an audience and share your content. There are rules to social media and if you know how to them you can use it your advantage.
If you post links to the great content you generate on a regular basis, you’ll bring the people who follow you on social media, to your web site. Give this stuff away for free with no strings attached.
Use social media to post or tweet other people’s stuff. Let them know you’re doing that. They will be inclined to share your stuff with their list. This is an easy way to reach more people. Search engines also pay attention to your web site’s social feeds, so this activity helps SEO.
5. Learn how to write great sales copy. Knowing how to sell through writing is a powerful tool to have. On the web you don’t get a chance to talk to people directly. Your copy speaks for you. If you have incredible copy on a landing page or on a Google Ad, that directs people to your site, people won’t be able to ignore you. They will click your ad links.
Learn how to write sales copy yourself. If you don’t have the time hire an agency or freelance copywriter.
If you want us to assess your web site for free to help you discover areas for improvement and drive sales leads and web traffic, CLICK HERE. We’d love to help you, no strings attached. We’ll send you a web site audit within 48 hours.
If you want to run a successful cosmetic surgery practice and win the majority of the local business, a strong web site is crucial.
At CWD, we don’t say this is true of all businesses. We’ve worked for clients in other industries who’ve been quite successful generating leads with a content-rich site that wasn’t so pretty. But for cosmetic surgeons – doctors in the business of aesthetics -having a great web site will help you build credibility.
As a cosmetic surgeon, you should have a site that is both visually appealing and has informative content. These two elements will help you maximize the leads you generate from the web.
Having a strong web site, that is updated weekly with informative content, and SEO’d so people can find you, is one of the easiest ways to grow your business. It also requires only an upfront investment and then minimal effort each week to keep it running.
Websites for cosmetic surgeons: Advice from digital experts
Many patients begin their search for a cosmetic surgeon on the web. To find an area surgeon, they’ll do a local search on Google, Bing or Yahoo, using keyword phrases like “Cosmetic surgeon in Tampa” to find you.
Here is what you should know about the typical patient who finds you from a web search:
#1 – They won’t even look at your site if it’s not on the first page of search rankings. Most of the time, the person will only evaluate cosmetic surgeons who appear on the first page of Google. Quite often they only look at the first five sites that appear in the search rankings.
If your site appears at the top of search engine ranking , it’s immediate validation for your business. It means that:
People can find you easily, because
Lots of people visit your site, and
You are popular
Since, you’re so popular you’re probably a good surgeon. It’s likely they will reach out to you for an initial consultation.
If you do a search right now using keywords you think potential patients would use to find you and your site does not appear at the top of the list, you need to SEO your site.
SEO is one of the most important things you can do to grow your business. At CWD, 70% of the business we generate are people who find us on the web (because we have SEO’d to ensure they find us). They call us. We don’t have to go hunting for them.
#2 – If your site appears on the first page of search results there two things you need to make sure you have in place, so you can stand out from the competition. If you do happen to appear in the top 1-5 rankings (or at least on the first page) chances are you will beat out the competition if you have:
A visually appealing site
A site with great content that is updated regularly
What’s important to consider, is that in most cases a nice looking site with informative content that is updated regularly will do better than an extremely fancy site with minimal content.
#3 – For a cosmetic surgeon, a highly informative content-centric site is essential. Potential clients don’t know about your field. So, it’s important that you do a good job to share your knowledge with them in an easy-to-understand manner.
A content-centric site sends these messages to a potential patient of yours:
You are an expert in your field
You are trustworthy
You know what you are talking about
Customer service and their personal experience with your business is of high importance to you
You should also include a capture box on your site. It’s a way for you to obtain the site visitor’s contact information. This way, you can reach out to them via email and build a relationship.
If you’d like a FREE site audit within 24-hours so you can get a sense of the strengths and weaknesses of your web site, CLICK HERE.