Search engines like Google and Bing love good content that is helpful and useful to people. If you produce it, your site will rank well. But here are some tips on what content ranks well:
- Detailed unique content that best answers the keywords typed in by a searcher.
- Longer quality content with word counts of over 1000 words will rank (as a rule) over shorter content. That said shorter content will also rank if it gives a great answer.
- Unique content not found anywhere else. Copying existing content that everyone has won’t attract better rankings. But if you create content that no one else has created or produced it in a way that is unique and useful then it will rank better.
- Good content will be linked to by other sites which give it credibility so this is a huge factor in the validation of good content.
- Content with mixed media types also ranks well, so ensure you include when available related videos, image galleries, audio embeds, related social media content (ie dynamically show the latest or best tweets or posts about the topic.
- Content that is written in good English (or your language). Spelling and grammar also count.
- And this is the best advice that produces solid ranks that we have discovered in our SEO practice, above all: Create clusters of related content. This is callef cornerstone content. For example, if you produce content about the best dog food, then a cluster of content that answers these related questions search engines will define it as content that ranks well and promote it accordingly:
- Which brand of dog food is most healthy for your dog
- What is dog food made of?
- The difference between vet-sold dog food and grocery store dog food?
- What is the price range of dog food
- Dog food brands and types ranked
- What is limited ingredient dog food?
- Reviews of all the top brands of dog food
- What dog food do you give a puppy vs. an adult dog
As you can see in the tip above, this demonstrates a solid understanding of the topic. It also demonstrates your site’s expertise on the topic and is likely unique relative to your competitors.
Content types that rank well on search engines
Here is a list of content types that also rank well on search engines.
Content that means a list that explains or compares thing and how they rank against each other.
This vs. that reviews
Comparative reviews tend to do very well then they are unique.
In-depth examination of a topic
Go long and deep and provide all the answers in one long helpful article.
Related videos in a cluster
Create content focused on embedded video that explains a common or related topic
How to content
How-to content is the king of web content. If it answers a question or shows you how then it stands a good chance of ranking well as most people go looking for that kind of content to solve their problems.
Related to the topic” What content ranks well”, see also: