If you have been wondering: ‘What is Infusionsoft’ …here is your answer:
Most people arrive on this page because they are seeking the answer to: What is Infusionsoft? So we have done one better by answering as many questions as we can about this email marketing platform. Read on to get your questions answered about Infusionsoft. Or ask your question about Infusionsoft.
What is the tool called Infusionsoft or Keap:
Infusionsoft is a cloud-based email marketing platform and customer relationship management (CRM) system used by businesses to send primarily marketing emails, but also marketing texts, autodial marketing calls, and other methods of marketing communications to consumers and business customers.
It is also the company that owns the product. However, in 2020 it was renamed and is now known as Keap. Kemp’s products are Keap Lite,. Keap Pro and Keap Max – there is also Keap Max Classic which is the old Infusionsoft product.
Keap product comparison chart
Here is a chart that lets you compare each of the Keap products and the Keap Max Classic (Infusionsoft).
Where can I get an online demo of Infusionsoft or Keap?
You can register for a free working trial on this Keap page.
Is Keap the same as Infusionsoft?
Keap is the new name for the company formerly known as Infusionsoft. The headliner product called Keap Pro replaces Infusionsoft as a primary product and has a new interface and features although it works largely in the same way with a drag and drop builder and has a sales funnel feature to track customers. If you wanted the old Infusionsoft product it still has as a product name in the new company – it is called Keap Max Classic.
What is Infusionsoft, the company:
Infusionsoft is now called Keap. It is a privately owned company that offers an e-mail marketing and sales platform for small businesses, including products that, according to its Wikipedia entry “streamline the customer lifecycle, customer relationship management, marketing automation, lead capture, and e-commerce. The company is located in Chandler, Arizona (USA), which is a suburb of Phoenix, AZ.
Infusionsoft was founded in 2001 by Scott Martineau and Eric Martineau (brothers) and Clate Mask. The startup was founded in Mesa, Arizona in 2004. Its founders started by developing a script to automate sales leads. By Jan. 2013, Infusionsoft raised $71 million in venture capital. The majority – $54 million – was invested by Goldman Sachs. In 2014, Infusionsoft closed Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures. That investment was worth $55 million.
Who is Keap / Infusionsoft designed for?
Keap’s market is small to mid-sized business owners. However that is a broad swathe of business that range from small sole proprietors to companies that have revenue up to $100-million dollars, and in some case more. However, once platform contacts get over 100,000 the system maxes out.
What are Keap/Infusionsoft’s strengths?
Here’s a series great features offered on the Keap / Infusionsoft platform:
- It is cloud-based so it can be run from any web browser connected to the Internet.
- The platform has a drag and drop campaign builder that provides a visual guide to steps in an email marketing funnel.
- It has integrations with many of the top marketing tools.
- A tag-based system is used to track customer behaviors.
- It has a rules-based system that lets you interact with a customer’s behavior and drive customized emails and other communication to them.
- Marketers can use it from anywhere there is a web connection.
- It is programmable and handles distribution of lead magnets extremely well.
- The technology embeds beautifully into WordPress and other Content Management Systems.
- Both campaign email sending and broadcast email sends can be done.
- The company introduced a nice, new (in late 2016) email template builder.
What are Infusionsoft’s weaknesses?
- The email marketing platform does not have built-in wildcard variables, however it can insert data from a customer record into a customer email. And come data can be used to make decisions using a feature called the decision diamond.
- It’s was priced for small businesses not individual business people, bu tthat has been fxied with a sub $125/mo pricing.
- It takes a while to become an expert in the system. This is better under the Keap relaunch.
- Infusionsoft has some annoying legacy features mixed with its newer, flashier features. These are being [hased out in 2021-2022
- The platform has an antique ecommerce shopping cart that is difficult to use and customize. It has been improved in keap but has a ways to go.
- The system’s landing page form builder needs has been retooled but still alittle kludgy.
- It’s reporting is extensive, but some say difficult to use, and misses the point on critical data. This also has been imporved under Keap.
What does Infusionsoft cost?
Keap /Infusionsoft’s pricing is based on a subscription model. It used to have a sizeable upfront fee in the $1000 to $2000 range. That is gone under the Keap rebrand and the product is now available for under $125/mo. It runs several hundred dollars per month depending on how many emails you send and how many contacts you store and what features you select. However, if you speak to a digital marketing agency like us that has a relationship with the company we can get you preferred pricing. Email us now.
Can I install Keap / Infusionsoft on my computer?
It is not installable on a computer. It is cloud-based so you interact with Keap via a web browser connected to a broadband Internet connection.
Is Keap / Infusionsoft Mac software or Windows software?
It runs on either operating system because it is accessed via any web browser. However it works best in Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox.
What kind of computer do I need to run Infusionsoft?
Any relatively modern computer that has a broadband Internet connection. If you can access and view videos on Youtube with relative ease, then Keap / Infusionsoft will work well on your computer. However computers or mobile devices with faster Internet connections provide a better experience.
Is Keap / Infusionsoft difficult to learn?
Some Infusionsoft users joke that Infusionsoft should be called ‘Confusionsoft‘. However, the company has gone to great lengths in recent years to provide decent a support library and relatively good phone support. It also provides training and resources when you first sign-up which is covered by the registration fee.
Under the Keap relaunch it has drastically improved.
I have a Keap / Infusionsoft question not answered here, who can I ask?
You can email us at [email protected] and we will do our best to answer any questions you have.
Who are Infusionsoft’s competitors:
Keap / Infusionsoft competes on the low end with MailChimp, ConstantContact and Aweber and in the mid-market with Hubspot as well as Salesforce.
What is the market for Keap / Infusionsoft:
Small businesses to mid-sized businesses is the target market for Infusionsoft, however, we have seen businesses up to $100 million annually in revenue use the technology.
More to come on Infusionsoft
We will continue to update this “What is Infusionsoft” resource for you each week. If you ask us a question about Infusionsoft, we may feature it on this page.