If you have been wondering: ‘What is Infusionsoft’ …here is your answer:
Most people arrive on this page because they are seeking the answer to: What is Infusionsoft? So we have done one better by answering as many questions as we can about this email marketing platform. Read on to get your questions answered about Infusionsoft. Or ask your question about Infusionsoft.
What is the tool called Infusionsoft:
Infusionsoft is a cloud-based email marketing platform and customer relationship management (CRM) system used by businesses to send primarily marketing emails, but also marketing texts, autodial marketing calls, and other methods of marketing communications to consumers and business customers.
Where can I get an online demo of Infusionsoft?
You can register for a free online demo on this Infusionsoft page.
What is Infusionsoft, the company:
Infusionsoft is a privately owned company that offers an e-mail marketing and sales platform for small businesses, including products that, according to its Wikipedia entry “streamline the customer lifecycle, customer relationship management, marketing automation, lead capture, and e-commerce. The company is located in Chandler, Arizona (USA), which is a suburb of Phoenix, AZ.
Infusionsoft was founded in 2001 by Scott Martineau and Eric Martineau (brothers) and Clate Mask. The startup was founded in Mesa, Arizona in 2004. Its founders started by developing a script to automate sales leads. By Jan. 2013, Infusionsoft raised $71 million in venture capital. The majority – $54 million – was invested by Goldman Sachs. In 2014, Infusionsoft closed Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures. That investment was worth $55 million.
Who is Infusionsoft designed for?
Infusionsoft’s market is small business owners. However that is a broad swathe of business that range from small sole proprietors to companies that have revenue up to $100-million dollars, and in some case more. However, once platform contacts get over 100,000 the system maxes out.
What are Infusionsoft’s strengths?
Here’s a series great features offered on the Infusionsoft platform:
- It is cloud-based so it can be run from any web browser connected to the Internet.
- The platform has a drag and drop campaign builder that provides a visual guide to steps in an email marketing funnel.
- It has integrations with many of the top marketing tools.
- A tag-based system is used to track customer behaviors.
- It has a rules-based system that lets you interact with a customer’s behavior and drive customized emails and other communication to them.
- Marketers can use it from anywhere there is a web connection.
- It is programmable and handles distribution of lead magnets extremely well.
- The technology embeds beautifully into WordPress and other Content Management Systems.
- Both campaign email sending and broadcast email sends can be done.
- The company introduced a nice, new (in late 2016) email template builder.
What are Infusionsoft’s weaknesses?
- No native A/B testing.
- Infusionsoft strangely lacks action triggers based on email opens.
- The email marketing platform does not have built-in wildcard variables, however it can insert data from a customer record into a customer email. And come data can be used to make decisions using a feature called the decision diamond.
- It’s priced for small businesses not individual business people.
- It takes a while to become an expert in the system.
- Infusionsoft has some annoying legacy features mixed with its newer, flashier features.
- The platform has an antique ecommerce shopping cart that is difficult to use and customize.
- The system’s landing page form builder needs to be retooled.
- It’s reporting is extensive, but some say difficult to use, and misses the point on critical data. For example, a simple open rate and conversion rate report is missing.
What does Infusionsoft cost?
Infusionsoft’s pricing is based on a subscription model. It also has a sizeable upfront fee in the $1000 to $2000 range. It runs several hundred dollars per month depending on how many emails you send and how many contacts you store and what features you select. However, if you speak to a digital marketing agency like us that has a relationship with the company we can get you preferred pricing. Email us now.
Can I install Infusionsoft on my computer?
It is not installable on a computer. It is cloud-based so you interact with Infusionsoft via a web browser connected to a broadband Internet connection.
Is Infusionsoft Mac software or Windows software?
It runs on either operating system because it is accessed via any web browser. However it works best in Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox. It does not work well in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
What kind of computer do I need to run Infusionsoft?
Any relatively modern computer that has a broadband Internet connection. If you can access and view videos on Youtube with relative ease, then Infusionsoft will work well on your computer. However computers or mobile devices with faster Internet connections provide a better experience.
Is Infusionsoft difficult to learn?
Some Infusionsoft users joke that Infusionsoft should be called ‘Confusionsoft‘. However, the company has gone to great lengths in recent years to provide decent a support library and relatively good phone support. It also provides training and resources when you first sign-up which is covered by the registration fee.
I have an Infusionsoft question not answer here, who can I ask?
You can email us at [email protected] and we will do our best to answer any questions you have.
Answers that are coming soon about Infusionsoft:
Who are Infusionsoft’s competitors:
Infusionsoft competes on the low end with MailChimp, ConstantContact and Aweber and in the mid-market with Hubspot.
What is the market for Infusionsoft:
Small businesses are the target market for Infusionsoft, however, we have seen business up to $100 million annually in revenue use the technology.
What does Infusionsoft look like:
Answer coming soon. But here is a peek at its drag and drop campaign builder.
More to come on Infusionsoft
We will continue to update this “What is Infusionsoft” resource for you each week. If you ask us a question about Infusionsoft, we may feature it on this page.